The Umdasch Group can look back on 145 years of corporate history. The company is solely owned by Hilde Umdasch and her brother Alfred Umdasch.
Stefan Hopferwieser, the great-grandfather of the present owners, is granted the “Concession” to work as a carpenter.
1937 – 1944
Mathilde Hopferwieser, granddaughter of the company’s founder, marries Ing. Josef Umdasch. The latter takes over as managing director of the firm in 1939. The company moves to the east of the town of Amstetten and a new factory is built.
Specialisation in the business areas Umdasch Laden-Einrichtungen (Shopfitting) and formwork technology (Doka).
The company purchases the shopfitting segment of Bremshey. Umdasch thus also becomes one of the leading shopfitting companies in Germany.
The present-day corporate structure of the Umdasch Group is established. The Doka Group and the Umdasch Shop-Concept Group operate as independent entities within the company under the umbrella of Umdasch AG.
Umdasch AG purchases Assmann Ladenbau Leibnitz, the Austrian market leader in food shopfitting. With its core brands Umdasch Shop-Concept and Assmann Ladenbau the Umdasch Shopfitting Group now covers all sectors.
2012 / 2013
Umdasch Shop-Concept becomes UMDASCH Shopfitting and the core brands UMDASCH Shopfitting and ASSMANN Ladenbau are subsequently merged to form the common brand UMDASCH Shopfitting.